Today I had a doctor appointment to follow-up with the surgeon who did my surgery. He’s a great doctor, I really like him. He’s good at what he does, he’s got great bedside manner, he’s compassionate and kind, and he really listens to you. However, I still hate going to the doctor.
- Filling out paper work. They tell you to arrive 15 minutes early to fill out paperwork. You do and then you get 30 minutes of paperwork handed to you. You feel as if you have to rush to fill it out or your appointment will be delayed.
- You fill out all the paperwork ad nauseum, there are several sheets that ask for duplicate information and you make sure to fill it all out, answering all their questions.
- Your name is called, you think, “YAY, I get to go in for my appointment!!” They sit you in a room, weigh you, check your blood pressure, take your temp, ask you several questions that you answered on your forms, and then send you back out to the waiting room.
- Then you wait, and wait, and wait.
- Finally you are called back to your appointment, the nurse only has two sheets of paper on her clipboard, they are blank. You wonder where the book you filled out is. She begins asking you questions that you know you filled out on the forms. So, you answer them again and then she leaves.
- You wait, and wait, and wait.
- The doctor comes in, asks how you are feeling, checks you over, discusses your plan of health and tells you goodbye.
For this you have spent an hour and half of your day, not to mention the drive there and the drive home. And this is why I hate going to the doctor!